Things To Know
In saving and caring for Abu Dhabi’s environment, we all have a part to play in being aware and of our surroundings – whether a citizen, resident or visitor.
Here are our seven top tips for being more environmentally friendly during your time in Abu Dhabi.
- Drink plenty of water : the UAE can be hot during summer, so remember to bring along a refillable bottle rather than buying one at a shop.
- Don’t drop litter – not only is it illegal, but it makes the environment unpleasant for everyone and can be harmful to our biodiversity – on land, in the sea and in the air.
- Recycle when possible – it’s as easy as throwing your waste into the correct bin, and saves the planet. Visit tadweer.ae to find out more.
- Respect our wildlife – we have many fascinating species here in Abu Dhabi, but please try not to disturb them.
- Avoid single-use plastics – bring your own bag to the store, or ask for your drink to be served without a straw.
- Save energy – try to switch off lights when leaving the room. Not only does this help the environment, but it reduces your electricity bill.
- Use public transport – we have an excellent system in place here in Abu Dhabi, so why not take the bus?